Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hi, my name is Kyle


My name is Kyle Bell and I am a second year Master's student in the Environmental Studies program. I graduated from undergrad with a degree in International Relations and Spanish in 2007, though environmental issues were present throughout my studies. Luckily, ESF offers a multidisciplinary program where I am now free to develop my own thesis, combining my interests and past experience with new insights gained from my time here.

After one year of courses dealing with everything from the social aspects of American lawn culture, to electricity market regulation, footprints and sustainability, and the interrelated issues of corruption and oil production, I settled on my thesis topic: air pollution and transportation in Mexico City, with a special focus on the Metrobús program. I have an interest in international development and environmental issues, and I spent time working in Mexico City, so this topic is a perfect fit for me.

Syracuse, New York is my hometown, so returning to SUNY ESF was a homecoming of sorts. The university and its students and professors are smart, friendly, and civic-minded. Its programs are well-regarded, and its facilities are more than adequate. In short, it was an easy choice to return from my globetrotting and settle here.

Environmental Studies is just one of many graduate programs at our great school, in fields from Biology, Engineering, and Forestry, to Policy, Landscaping, and Environmental Interpretation. We can get into the whole long list at some other point.

This is a blog, after all, so I'll keep it short. Take a look around and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment